Quarry Mount Primary School ("we" and "us") is committed to protecting your privacy.
1. The information we collect and how we use it
QMPS is committed to ensuring that all personal data collected and used by the school is managed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. The school is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner.
Personal data is any data relating to an identifiable individual and includes a person's name, date of birth, telephone number, gender, ethnicity and religion.
In accordance with the Data Protection Action 1998, QMPS will ensure that your data is:
2. Purposes for collecting personal data
- Used fairly and lawfully
- Used only for legitimate reasons
- Adequate and relevant having regard to the reason it is collected
- Accurate and up to date where possible
- Kept for no longer than required
- Used in line with your rights
- Kept secure
QMPS collects personal data for the following purposes:
- provide education, training, welfare and educational support services
- administer school property
- maintain our own accounts and records
- carry out fundraising
- support and manage our employees
We also use CCTV systems to monitor and collect visual images for security and the prevention of crime.
QMPS will not normally use personal data for any other purpose unless it is required or permitted by law to do so.
3. Sharing personal data with third parties
QMPS does pass data to organisations/individuals who administer services on our behalf, e.g. the Speech Therapy Service, Social Care. All organisations/individuals employed to do this are contracted to comply with the standards of the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Your rights in relation to your information
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data QMPS holds about you - known as a Freedom of Information request - and can ask the school to correct any inaccurate data. If you would like to receive a copy of this data - a reasonable charge is payable - please let us know in writing. You will need to send us evidence of your identity and a description of the information you wish to access. Further details on how to do this can be provided by contacting school.
5. Your consent
In the event the purposes for processing change, then we will contact you as soon as practicable and seek your consent where such notification relates to a new additional purpose for processing.
6. The Data Protection Act 1998
QMPS is registered as a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we shall continue to ensure that we comply with all the protection the Act affords to you. Our registration number is Z8472028.
7. Use of your personal information submitted to other websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our Website.
We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
8. Further information
For further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please contact school.